STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the “Conditions”)
These conditions set out the contractual terms and conditions upon which we sell and then supply our goods to you as a consumer (which means that you are purchasing the goods in your capacity as an individual outside of your trade, business, craft or profession, and the use of the Goods by you will be for your domestic, private, and non-commercial use only).
PLEASE NOTE CLAUSE 11 WHICH LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND CLAUSE 9.1 WHICH REMOVES YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL FOR CONVENIENCE.
Please read these conditions carefully before you submit your order. These conditions tell you who we are, how we will provide the goods to you, how the contract may be changed or ended, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these conditions, please contact us using one of the contact methods set out in clause 1.
In these terms and conditions the following words and expressions shall mean:
“Charlotte Elizabeth”, “We”, “Us”
Charlotte Elizabeth (CE) Limited company number 11369797.
the contract between You and Charlotte Elizabeth for the sale and purchase of the Goods in accordance with these Conditions and the Order.
“Force Majeure Event”
any event beyond Charlotte Elizabeth’s reasonable control, which by its nature could not have been foreseen, or, if it could have been foreseen, was unavoidable, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving its own workforce or a third party's), failure of energy sources or transport network, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, interference by civil or military authorities, national or international calamity, armed conflict, malicious damage, breakdown of plant or machinery, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, sonic boom, explosions, collapse of building structures, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, loss at sea, epidemics or similar events, natural disasters or extreme adverse weather conditions, or default of Charlotte Elizabeth’s suppliers.
the products that You specify in the Order.
the price payable by You to Charlotte Elizabeth for the Goods as detailed in the Order or on Charlotte Elizabeth’s website. The Price is inclusive of VAT.
the online order You submit with a view to purchasing specified products from Charlotte Elizabeth.
Charlotte Elizabeth’s specification for the Goods in effect on delivery to You.
the consumer identified in the Order that purchases the Goods from Charlotte Elizabeth.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
We are Charlotte Elizabeth (CE) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11369797 and our registered office is Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX.
Our registered VAT number is 319 7638 67.
You can contact Us by writing to Us at email@example.com or to our registered office address.
If We have to contact You, We will do so by writing to You at the email address or postal address You provided to Us in your Order.
WHEN THIS CONTRACT COMES INTO EFFECT
You place an Order with Us for the Goods when you enter the required details on our checkout page and click ‘checkout’.
The Contract will come into effect when We send an email to the email address you gave Us in your Order confirming our acceptance of your Order, and not before We receive payment for the Goods and delivery costs. We won’t charge You for the Goods if your Order isn’t accepted.
You will own the Goods once We have received payment in full for the Goods and delivery costs.
- Your acknowledge that the Goods are handmade items, that images of products on our website are provided for illustrative purposes only, and that although We try to represent our products faithfully, We cannot guarantee that colours displayed on your device will precisely reflect the colour of the imaged products. You also accept that packaging may vary from website images. Due to leather being a natural material, we cannot guarantee a uniformed appearance. These imperfections include (but are not limited to), the colour variation, the grain of leather, the texture, natural wrinkles, markings and scars. In the event of water exposure to our products, scubas rain, some colour transfer may occur, we cannot accept responsibility for this.
- We cannot take responsibility for damage occured by the user after wear that is not a result of the products manufacturing process. This includes, but is not limited to, sun bleaching, makeup or skincare damage, weather-inficted damage, substance damage etc.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- You must pay the full price of the Goods and delivery costs at the time of the Order.
- The Price does not include delivery costs, which are displayed on our website.
- It is always possible that some of the Goods We sell may be incorrectly priced, as a result of a software error. We will normally check the Price before accepting your Order so that, where, at your order date the Goods' correct price is less than our stated Price, We will charge the lower amount. Where, at your order date, the Goods’ correct price is higher than the Price, We will contact You for Your instructions before We accept your Order. If We accept and process your Order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by You as a mispricing, We may end the Contract, refund You any sums You have paid and require the return of any Goods provided to You.
- Klarna In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay in 3
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
- Delivery is deemed to take place once the Goods are delivered to the address you designate in your Order or, failing delivery there, to the depot nominated by the delivery service provider. Once the order has been fulfilled, you will be sent tracking information.
- You will be responsible for the Goods once they are delivered to the address you designated in the Order or the nominated delivery depot. You may incur storage costs and further delivery costs if You do not collect the Goods or re-arrange delivery from the depot. You are responsible for any costs in shipping the Goods back to us of the Goods are not faulty, and we cannot cover shipping costs to you after a failed delivery to Your provided delivery address. Please note, we do not deliver to PO Box addresses.
- Please be aware that we do not take responsibility for any import duties and taxes.
- If you miss Your first delivery, then it is Your responsibility to retrieve your order from your local depot. If it is returned to us, then You may be required to pay for postage again.
- We will tell You if delivery is delayed by an event outside our control. If delivery is delayed for more than 90 days, You may contact Us to end the Contract and receive a refund for any Goods You have paid for but not received.
- Please note that depending on your location, there may be a waiting time for your order in customs. This varies per country, and can take anything from one week to up to two months. We do not take responsibility for this.
- IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE GOODS
- If You have any questions or complaints about the Goods, please contact Us. You can do this by writing to Us.
- Damage caused by any repair to the Goods other than by Us, or damage to the Goods due to misuse by You or a third party, are not covered by this clause 6. In addition, any unauthorised service or modification of the Goods will void your right to a refund/repair/replacement.
If Your bag has become faulty in 12 months since purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- If We fail to comply with these Conditions, We are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this Contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Contract was made, both We and You knew it might happen, for example, if You discussed it with Us during the sales process.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. To the extent permitted by law, and except as otherwise provided in these Conditions, We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to your use the Goods, whether express or implied.
- We only supply the Goods for domestic and private use and are not liable for business losses.
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- We may end the Contract at any time by writing to You in the event of a Force Majeure Event or if You do not, within a reasonable time of Us asking for it, provide Us with information that we need to provide the Goods (for example, the correct delivery address).
If We end the Contract in the situations set out in clause 8.1 We will refund any money You have paid in advance for Goods We have not provided but We may deduct or charge You reasonable compensation for the net costs We will incur as a result of your breaking the Contract including any manufacturing costs.
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
The right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) – ‘cooling-off period’.
As a consumer, you have legal right to change your mind within 14 days upon arrival to your shipping address provided and return the products to receive the refund. This 14 days will be in effect from the the time you receive the goods from us. Once We have accepted an Order, You do not have the right to change your mind under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
If what You have bought is faulty or does not comply with the Specification ; or
Because of something We have done or have told You We were going to do (see clause 9.3);
- You may have the right to end the Contract:
We will refund You in full for any Goods that have not been provided if you wish to end the Contract for one the reasons set out below:
- We have told You about an error in the Price or Specification of the Goods You have ordered and You do not wish to proceed; or
- there is a risk that supply of the Goods may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control (see clause 5.3).
- Upon returning your product to us, please send your parcel by registered post. Only once we have received the goods in the condition expected, then we can refund the customer. It is Your responsibility to ensure that we receive your returned parcel.
- If you choose to return Your product when it is non-faulty, we cannot refund You for the shipping costs, nor can we cover your return fees. If Your product has arrived faulty, we are able to fully refund You for these.
- HOW TO END THE CONTRACT
If you are entitled to end the Contract under clause 9, You must:
1. notify Us by doing one of the following:
- Email Us (contact details are contained in clause 1.2). Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number; or
- writing to Us by post at the address referred to in clause 1.1; then
return the Goods to Us within 14 days of notifying Us, by posting them to the address in clause 1.1.
- Pay the costs of returning the Goods, unless they are faulty or not in line with the Specification.
- Subject to clause 10.1, if you are entitled to end the Contract under clause 9, We will refund the price You paid for the Goods (and delivery costs where Goods are faulty or not in line with the Specification) by the method You used for payment.
- We may reduce the refund referred to in clause 10.2 (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling of them. If We refund You the price paid before We are able to inspect the Goods, but later discover that You have handled them in an unacceptable way, You must pay Us an appropriate amount.
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method We offer. For example, if We offer delivery of the Goods within 3-5 days at one cost but You choose to have the Goods delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then We will only refund what You would have paid for the cheaper delivery option
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the personal information You provide to Us:
- to supply the Goods to You;
- to process your payment for the Goods; and
if You agreed to this during the Order process, to give You information about similar Goods that We provide, but You may stop receiving this at any time by contacting Us.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, and We will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract.
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if We agree to this in writing.
This Contract is between You and Charlotte Elizabeth. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If We do not insist immediately that You do anything You are required to do under these terms, or if We delay in taking steps against You in respect of your breaking the Contract, that will not mean that You do not have to do those things and it will not prevent Us taking steps against You at a later date.
These Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute which may arise.