Suffer from that after-lunch dip in energy? Instead of reaching from a sugary-sweet energy bar, you may well enjoy a more nutritious, sweet snack.
Our Cashew, Date and Orange Energy Ball recipe is filled with slow-releasing energy. With protein and healthy fat from the nuts, caramel sweetness from the dates and a zesty, uplifting taste from the orange zest, it is the perfect afternoon snack.
Plus, you can make these over the weekend for the week ahead, as they are perfectly fine when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 cup cashew
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1tsp orange zest
- 1 50p sized piece of ginger, raw
1. Remove the stones from the Medjool dates, before adding them into a blender.
2. Grate the orange until you have 1 teaspoon's worth of grated orange.
3. Add the orange into the blender, alongside the dates, before adding the cashews, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, and 1 50p sized piece of ginger, raw, fresh and peeled.
4. Mix everything together until the contents form one bulk lump. Add a few drops of water at a time if you find it tricky to mix the ingredients.
5. Roll the contents into small balls, before placing them in a fridge for 1 hour before eating.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to show us your photos on our instagram @charlottelizbth or drop us an email: email@example.com.