This is such a nutritious, colourful and zesty salad which is perfect for summertime! Seasoned with our special recipe almond butter-dressing, it is the dish we are turning to for longer and hotter days.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 red cabbage (small)
- 2 satsumas
- 1 cup baby tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Chop the onion in half, adding it into the oven in a baking tray for 20-25 minutes.
2. Place the red quinoa in the saucepan of boiling water and leave to cook for 25 minutes.
3. Chop the red cabbage into bitesize pieces, placing it onto a plate.
4. Whilst the onion and quinoa are finishing cooking, add 1tbsp of almond butter to a mug, with the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Stir thoroughly, adding 1-2tbsp of water to make the mixture runnier.
5. Once cooked, drain the red quinoa, rinsing it before adding it on top of the red cabbage. Remove the onion from the oven when soft, chopping it into long pieces, adding it to the salad.
6. Chop the tomatoes in halves, separate the satsuma segments and load up your plate with these bright pops of colour!
7. Finish by adding the almond butter lemon dressing to the salad. Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to show us your photos on our instagram @charlottelizbth or drop us an email: email@example.com.