Our Paprika and Honey roasted Red Onion, Sweet Potato, Brocolli and Lentil Salad is a wonderful addition to your mid-week lunches and suppers.
With hearty green lentils, which are packed with gut-loving fiber, immune loving vitamin-C boosting tomatoes, high in vitamin C and B sweet potato, and antioxidant-rich red onion, this is a nourishing salad to keep in your home-cooking recipe book.
We enjoy this served alone for a plant-based meal, or alongside steamed fish or roasted chicken for a protein-boosting meal.
Serves 2, or 1 side salad
- 1 cup lentils
- 5 roasted salad tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 handful of long stem broccoli
- 1 large handful of rocket
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C (392F). Wash the sweet potato thoroughly before chopping it into wedge-shaped chips. Place these in a baking dish, along with 1 red onion, de-skinned and chopped in half. Sprinkle 1 teaspoons worth of paprika alongside a good drizzle of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of honey, salt and pepper. Place in the oven to cook along with the tomatoes, plain, in a separate dish.
2. While cooking, rinse the lentils before putting them in a water-filled saucepan. Leave on medium-high heat to boil for 20 minutes. Cut the long stem broccoli in half just before its cooked, adding these to the lentils to steam for 5 minutes.
3. Scatter rocket on the plate, before removing the veg from the oven, serving with the rinsed and drained lentils and broccoli. Plate evening up, mixing the veg to get the ultimate spread of flavour.
4. Finish with a seasoning of salt and pepper and a good spritz of lemon.
Tag us @charlottelizbth with your photos, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you make our recipes.