Introducing you to Charlotte Elizabeth's take on the Nation's favorite lockdown recipe, the heavenly banana bread!
Made using over-ripe bananas, buckwheat flour, cacao nibs and coconut oil, it's a simple, easy recipe which can be whipped up in 5 minutes and cooked within 40, it's the perfect comfort food.
Not only can this recipe serve as a brilliant dessert, but it is also a nourishing breakfast topped with peanut butter, sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 4 bananas (ripe)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1tsp baking powder (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flesh of 4 bananas, pounding them with a fork or spoon until it becomes soft and mushy.
3. Place 1tbsp of coconut oil in the oven to soften (you can use the baking tin you'll be using for the banana bread for ease) and leave to melt fully.
4. Meanwhile, add the buckwheat flour and 1tbsp of baking powder to the banana mix. Stir well until it forms a cake-like texture.
5. Remove the coconut oil from the oven and add it into the mix along with 1 cup of cacao nibs. You could also add 1 cup of nuts of your choice and/or sultanas here.
6. Stir the mixture together fully before adding it to a lined loaf tin. Add the cake mix to the tin. Leave for about 35-40 minutes until cooked inside (leaving no residue to a knife), with a golden/brown top.
7. Serve warm with ice cream, yogurt, or with some nut butter on top for a seriously yummy treat! Store in an airtight container and place in the fridge. Lasts unto 4 days.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to show us your photos on our instagram @charlottelizbth or drop us an email: email@example.com.