This is such a simple recipe that even the most beginner of home chefs can produce! Made using just 5 ingredients, it's the perfect recipe to turn to if you're looking for more meat-free weekdays.
- 1x can black beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4x large carrots
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- optional salt, pepper, paprika, chili, mixed herbs for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (392F). Wash, top and tail the ends of the carrots, before grating them into a large mixing bowl. Add the black beans (rinsed and drained), to a separate bowl, mashing them with a fork until relatively smooth. Add the beans to the mixing bowl.
2. Beat the egg, before adding it into the mixing bowl along with 3 tablespoons of flaxseed and any seasoning of your preference.
3. Flatten the burger mix in your hands, allowing 6x portions for the patties. Round the edges before placing them onto a lined baking tray. Allow to cook for 2 minutes, 25-30 minutes, flipping sides in the last quarter to thoroughly cook them.
4. Allow to cool before eating, store in an air-tight container. Enjoy with salad, between a bun or with a poached egg on top - the possibilities are endless!
Tag us @charlottelizbth with your photos, or email email@example.com if you make our recipes.