For those looking for a healthier version of a hearty brownie treat, look no further! Made using black beans, beetroot and cacao, this is such a simple yet delicious way to nail your daily veg intake.
Cacao is rich in magnesium, the black beans are packed fibre and the beetroot is a great source of iron and vitamin C.
Leave these to cool at room temperature, transferring them to an airtight container to store for 3 days.
Serves 6 brownies
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 /1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 large tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can black beans
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Peel and steam the beetroot bulb in a saucepan until soft. Transfer the cooked beetroot into a mixer.
2. Place the coconut oil in a baking dish. Leave for a couple of minutes until it's melted.
3. Remove the coconut oil, adding it into the mixer along with the coconut sugar, coconut flour, cacao powder, black beans and almond milk. Whizz it up for a few minutes until smooth, it should hold together enough to resemble a cake mixture. Add a little water if its too dry and keep mixing!
4. Place the mix into a baking dish lined with foil or baking paper. Cook for 40 minutes with a cover on top, to ensure it doesn't get too burnt! Leave to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Tag us @charlottelizbth with your photos, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you make our recipes.